Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Thursday, March 15, 2007

Why I didn't bring my camera to the NY Botanical Gardens

I received a couple of posts asking why I didn't bring my camera to the Botanical gardens. The reasons were deliberate and two fold.

1) I wanted to just get out of the house with my baby and didn't have to worry about carrying a camera around. The cameras are big, and I love them, but they take a ton of space. I just wanted to be out and about with my friend and my son and have a nice walk. That, and I knew there wouldn't be a lot to photograph yet.

2) The second reason is more of a personal discipline. Usually, if I go somewhere without my camera, I end up kicking myself for not taking my camera, and I always keep an eye out for a good photo. I don't want to do that. I didn't want to spend my whole day kicking myself for not bringing the camera. So, as a personal discipline, I purposely don't bring my camera and just spend the day trying to relax and breathe fresh air and get exercise. And it worked! Not once did I worry about not having my camera with me. My son was bring cute and I didn't *have* to take a picture of it. Sophia and I had a nice walk, we saw some great animals at the Bronx Zoo, and it is a memory that I have in my memory, not my memory card!

No comments: