Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Sunday, March 4, 2007

the PC vs. Mac debate

There is, in the world of photographer, a debate over just about every piece of equipment out there. PC vs. Mac. Canon vs. Nikon. Flash vs. Natural light. You name it and there will be people on both sides of the issue. My internal debate has been Mac vs. PC.

And you know what? I think the PC has won! I never thought I would say it. I absolutely love my Mac. It does everything I would ever want a computer to do! Its super easy to use, looks sleek, works beautifully, etc. So why, then, if I love my Mac so much, did PC win the debate? Well, it all comes down to cost. And efficiency. We need additional computers for the business. We were at the Palisades mall yesterday and stopped by the Apple Store. And I knew how much Macs cost, but I think I was still shocked a little by the sticker. But they are splendid computers. Then we stopped by Best Buy and the Dell kiosk. And for the same speed, same graphics, same memory, same hard drive, I'll spend less than half the price. So, as much as I love my mac, I think I'm headed back to the world of Windows!

No comments: