Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Creating my own wedding album

One of the things my husband and I never did after our own wedding was to create a wedding album. So, I have decided to take on the task (seeing as this is something that I do for clients). Its been a lot of fun going through all of our own photos and picking out the ones we want in the album. And this is exactly the reason that I include an album credit in every single one of my wedding packages: because it has taken me, a photographer, more than 18 months to look through all my pictures and create my album. I don't want any of my clients to have to go through this. Yes, I give the DVD of high resolution images to every couple, but I know from personal experience what happens to that DVD: it gets put away and the couple has nothing to show of their special day. I want to make sure that every couple has a chance to show off their photos in a beautiful album. So...now I am creating my own.

I always knew that the service of the wedding was the most important part of the day for me. This was clear to us even on our wedding day. The reception was great, but the best part for us was the church service. Maybe its because the Orthodox marriage service is so complete and so beautiful and means so much to us. So, in my wedding album, I have close to 25 pages devoted just to the service of the wedding. This is going to be one long album! Once its done, I'll go ahead and post it. My sister, who runs Portraits by Aleks, was our photographer.

1 comment:

Calories and Coffee said...

The album is beautiful and I LOVE the song! Great job!! You'll have to teach me to do that so I can add it for my clients as well.