Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Off to Indiana

Well, Matthias and I are headed to Indiana a little earlier than expected. We all planned to go out just after Pascha (Easter) but the state of New York has created a situation where my little boy and I have to fly out early!

See, a couple of months ago, we switched insurance from Geico in NY to State Farm in Indiana. I confirmed with all insurance companies that we wouldn't have a problem with this change, since our car is still registered in NY. Well, turns out, it is a problem. And as of 3/31/07, my car registration will be suspended, and if I don't turn in my state plates or get insurance in NY, my license will be suspended. Its totally stupid to re-insure the car in NY since we are moving in 8 weeks, so Matthias and I are flying to Indiana so that I can register the car in Indiana and get my new drivers license.

The trip is good for a couple of reasons. 1) It really makes our move there that much more official. Yes, its been official since we closed on the house, but it'll be nice to have Indiana license plates and an Indiana driver's license. And 2) it gives Dn Gregory a chance to really sit down and study and read and write papers without distraction for a few days. And 3) Matthias' grandma and grandpa are really looking forward to seeing him!

1 comment:

Calories and Coffee said...

Oh wow! Sucks about the car but I'm glad you're looking forward to the trip. Have fun!