Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sweeney Todd

Last night, Dn Gregory and I went to see Sweeney Todd. His parents took Matthias for New Years, so we decided to go see a movie.

It. Was. Awesome!

Unlike my husband, who studied music and knows all the various musicals out there, I have never heard the music to Sweeney Todd before. It was absolutely amazing. First thing tomorrow, I'm heading out to pick up the soundtrack on CD. I have got to have this for my car! The music is beautiful with amazing harmonies and the words are just awesome. I quickly fell in love with the musical.

Now, to be fair and honest, I could have done with a little less blood. Clearly, the Broadway version has less blood, so I may have to see if I can ever see it on stage. But, all in all, Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have come through one more time. I can't wait to see it again!

I do have a new favorite song: Johanna (Reprise). Wow. Johnny Depp singing in harmony with Jamie Campbell Bower was very impressive. The dissonance followed by the note resolution. Wow. Just wow.

Go see it! Soon!

No comments: