Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Thursday, May 24, 2007

We're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...

When I was a kid at the New England Youth Rally, we used to sing this song on the bus as we were pulling up to our destination for our many excursions. Whether it was to the ocean at Scarborough Beach or to Rocky Point Amusement Park, we also sang this little song to the tune of "Auld Lang Syne". We always sang it on the way back to Cumberland, too. It seems so long ago. I was just a kid then. And yet, I found myself singing that little tune as I pulled up to my house on Monday.

My house. I own a house. We moved from a 600 square foot apartment in NY to a 2000 square foot house in Fort Wayne, IN. We have 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, kitchen, living room, family room and dining room (which is now my office). We are slowly unpacking and it is amazing. There is so much to do. Verizon came on Tuesday and hooked up our phone and internet. DirecTV was here at the same time hooking up television. And the final clean up for our flood mishap was taking place in the kitchen. And during all that time, I just had that little tune stuck in my head: "we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...". Its amazing how life changes.

It was more than 20 years ago that I first sang that tune, as just a little girl going to Rhode Island for the first time. I was only allowed to go because my sister and brothers were there. But I learned so much during my time there. And now look at me. College educated. Graduate degree. Life experience in many many countries. Employed with a career and a passion. Married. Mother. And now home owner. Is it possible that this is my life? That I've grown up this much in just 20 years? But as the song goes, "we're here". And that is where I am: here - in my office, in my own home.

No comments: