Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"Not every photo you take has to be a professional shot"

Well, as some of you have noticed, I haven't been on too much lately. That's because there is so much going on! We are moving from New York to Indiana in under 2 weeks, so we've been busy packing and sorting and cleaning! Dn Gregory is working on finishing up his papers and finals before he graduates on the 19th! And I've been busy playing with Matthias (who now just loves Elmo) and working and getting all the legal forms filed in Indiana getting the business legally established. In addition, I've just upgraded my bookkeeping to Quickbooks, so I've been importing all the fun things that I've done this year so far! Its been great!

But today, we took a break from all of it. This morning, we decided to say, "no packing, no work, no papers, no finals, no cleaning, no sorting...none of it" and we went to the Bronx Zoo! It was fantastic (although a bit hot). I even went out this morning and picked up a point and shoot camera! How freeing it is to be able to take snapshots of my baby boy and not worry about getting out the big cameras, deciding on a lens, choosing the settings and then snapping a photo, and then doing all the post-processing work. As my husband said to me, "not every photo you take has to be a professional shot". How true is that? Sometimes, its nice to just have a snapshot of my son and my husband. Its nice to be able to stick a little camera in the diaper bag and be able to grab it really quickly and snap off a photo. Is it a professional shot of my son? Absolutely not. But, it still holds a memory for me!

No comments: