Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Saturday, April 21, 2007

Time Management

I realized today that time management is a very important skill to have. I knew that starting a business would be time consuming. (Duh.) And I knew that I have absolutely no intention of quitting my job for ABC Language Exchange, which I love dearly. So, somehow, I have to meld the two, in addition to being a mommy and a wife. So, how does one do it?

Well, as I learned today, very carefully. We are preparing all of our equipment for tomorrow's wedding of Sarah and Mircea. Their wedding will be beautiful. But, because it falls on a Sunday, and unlike for most people, our Sunday is in fact a work day for the both of us, we are learning all about time management today. Because, here is a list of all the things we normally do on Sundays:

1) Dn Gregory is a deacon in NJ
2) We go to church
3) We entertain the little one
4) I do all the things for ABC Language Exchange that I usually do for them on Sundays, which is all sorts of small tasks that I don't need to elaborate on, but it takes me 4-6 hours on a Sunday to get it done.

So, this week, with Sunday being a wedding shoot (which we are sooooo looking forward to!), all the regular things we do on Sunday (minus church) have to get done, in addition to all sorts of other things getting prepared for the wedding:

1) Charge all batteries
2) Replace all batteries
3) Confirm everything starts up and fires
4) Check CF cards
5) Format CF cards
6) Time sync cameras (since we are starting at 2 different times tomorrow, we time sync today)
7) Run to the store and buy gel inserts for both of our shoes
8) Get new white shirt to look nice for tomorrow's wedding (a trip to the mall)
9) Prepare laptop for slideshow at the reception
10) Go to reception location and confirm a place to put the laptop for the aforementioned slideshow
11) Check in with the bride (Sarah) and make sure no questions are left unanswered on both our parts
12) etc, etc, etc, etc.

So, as you can see, its all about time management. Throw into the mix playing with Matthias and spending a little bit of time with my husband, and still having time to blog, I think we're doing ok!

Check back tomorrow night or Monday morning for some photos from tomorrow's wedding!

No comments: