Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Friday, April 6, 2007

This is too funny


Is this how people see photojournalism? I think its particularly funny, but its not really photojournalism. Yet, there is a trend these days for tilted photos. Its a nice trend that can be taken too far. Like selective coloring. I think both of these styles have a place in photography, and I personally like both. But I also like saturated colors (another trend). What will really hold up in the future? I don't think anyone knows. Although, its interesting...take a look through your grandparents albums and then your parents albums and then perhaps some albums of friends who were recently married. I think one thing stands out in all of these...not photo journalistic pictures...but nice formal portraits. That's why I like a combination of the two. I think there is a place for both of these types of photography, and I like to be able to provide both types.

1 comment:

Calories and Coffee said...

I totally agree. That photography website you showed me is overflowing with tilted photos. I think some are okay but definitely not all.