Engagement Family Kids Miscellaneous Orthodox Personal Photography Portrait Senior "After 8" (Trash the Dress) Wedding
EighthDayPhotography.com Ksenia on Facebook Dn Gregory on Facebook Wedfog WPPI WeddingWire

This is the archive blog for Eighth Day Photography. Please visit our new blog at http://www.eighthdayphotography.blogspot.com. We look forward to seeing you at our new blog soon!



Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We're growing the business!

One of the most important things I learned from last week's seminar* was some of the ideas I gained for growing my business. We've done well this year for being our first year officially in business (although we've been photographing for a long time!), but I really want to take it up a notch.

So, be on the lookout for us in lots of places!

1. We are now advertising with The Knot in Columbus, OH. (Our new major market). The Ad isn't up yet, but it should be really soon and I'm super excited about it!

2. We just signed up to do a bridal show in Fort Wayne next January. I've got some great ideas for the booth and can't wait for it to come together! I'll definitely post pictures after that event so you can all see my awesome ideas for layout!

3. This morning, we sent out informational packets to about 50 different Orthodox Churches in the area with samples of our albums, postcards, photos, etc. These came out beautiful and I really look forward to working with some of the area churches and serving the needs of the parishioners.

4. I'm inquired about doing my first print ad in Fort Wayne Magazine Weddings 2008. I'll have to see about the cost and see if we can swing it.

I think the best thing that the seminar did for me last week was give me confidence that this is something that I can do and I can do very well. So, we decided to do it. We've been saying that, but haven't done too much about it. Now, we're going to do something about it!

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I still don't want to fill up my calendar completely, because I believe in being available for every one of my clients at any given moment in time. But, it will be neat to be out there more! I'll certainly let you know how it goes!


*Total side note - everytime I type the word seminar, I undoubtedly add a "y" to the end and get "seminary" and then have to go back and delete the extra letter. 4 years at a seminary will do that to you!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi Ksenia!! Congratulations on all of your new endeavors! You should join us in Indy for our monthly PUG meetings! indypug.blogspot.com